We are currently working on our new VUL website and will launch the new website soon!

434 528 5276

2058 Garfield Avenue Lynchburg, VA 24501

Financial Aid

Hayes-Allen Day - November 30, 2022

136th Anniversary Founders' Day Celebration

General Information

Virginia University of Lynchburg (VUL) seeks to offer quality education and services at the lowest possible costs to each student. The total funds for operating a college program come not only from the student tuition costs but include donations received from alumni, churches, businesses, and friends of the University. VUL has tried to keep the costs of an education at a minimum by seeking funds from other sources other than student tuition. There are several means by which a student may finance his or her education. The following are some of the options available at VUL:  

How to Apply for Financial Aid

  1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The results of the FAFSA will be sent to the student in a Student Aid Report (SAR) and will be sent to the school/service in an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR). The financial aid office will then determine aid for which the student may be eligible.
  3. If an application has been selected for verification, the student will be asked to submit a signed copy of his/her parents’ federal income taxes as well as a Verification Worksheet that will be provided for the student by the Financial Aid Office. The student may also be asked to provide copies of other documents to resolve any conflicting comments flagged on the SAR/ISIR.
  5. If you do not wish to use Federal Student Loans then alternative options are available for undergraduate and graduate students by to applying for outside student loans. 

    Sallie Mae Student Loans: www.salliemae.com/student-loans

    Link to loan disclosures: https://www.salliemae.com/student-loans/smart-option-student-loan/terms/loan-app-solicitation/  

    College Ave Student Loans: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/

  7. The student will be certified with the amount listed, or the amount for which he or she is eligible (if it is less than the amount requested).
  9. The student will receive an award letter after his or her aid is packaged. The student must sign the award letter and RETURN it to the Financial Aid Office before funds can be disbursed.

A video to help you understand the financial aid process.

Forms & Worksheets

Virginia University of Lynchburg may request a variety of the following forms once the review process begins. All forms are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader to view and print the forms. Please send completed forms to:

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Fax: 434-528-2705


Verification Worksheets

Independent Forms

Dependent Forms

Loan Application for Students and Parents

To fill out an application, click here.

IRS Tax Transcript Request Process

To get a your tax transcript from the IRS, click here

Net Price Calculator

Click here to view the VUL net price calculator.

Pell Grants

The Pell Grant Program is a Title IV federal student aid program. Pell Grants provide money to help students pay for their education after high school. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid. The Pell Grant is available to undergraduate students taking at least three credit hours if enrolled in a program leading to graduation. Applications for the Pell Grant can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. Use the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) when applying to the Pell Grant Program. For more information concerning the Pell Grants contact the Financial Aid Office. The FSEOG is a grant funded by the federal government. Students must complete the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. The student must receive valid SAR and have all necessary materials in the Financial Aid Office before being considered for these funds. Students who qualify for the Federal Pell grant receive first priority in receiving FSEOG funds.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

A limited number of institutional work assignments called Federal Work-Study (FWS) are available to needy students. In exchange for work performed, the student receives a paycheck. Students should register their skills with the financial aid office by completing a FWS application. Jobs are limited, so early application is important.

Additional Information

The Catalog contains additional information on financial aid policies and procedures. To view the Catalog click here.